ICE COLD RAIN

KINDERDIJK

Mixed feelings about today's ride. The weather forecast was dry and sunny and the plan was to go against the wind (force 4) all the way to Kinderdijk on top of the dike and comeback enjoying the tailwind. Something like 110 kms. But the ice cold and strong rain made it a tough ride for me and I suffer a lot at the end. I was so cold that I had to stay a half an hour on a hot shower to wam it up enough and stop shaking. Check the details after the link.

Um treino mais ou menos hoje. A previsão do tempo era de dia ensolarado e sem chuva e o plano era de ir até Kinderdijk pelo dique contra o vento e voltar aproveitando o vento a favor. Algo como 110 kms. Mas uma chuva gelada e forte estragou tudo e eu sofri bastante mantendo a performance. Fiquei tão gelado que tive que ficar uma meia hora num banho quente quando cheguei em casa. Dá uma olhada nos detalhes depois do link.






Everything started well (apart from the Garmin missing around 10 kms from the ride, stupid machine). The ride with Stef and Tom was great. The wind was quite strong but weather was good and we alternate in front, really a team work. It was great. Heart rate was around 170 constant and speed between 25 and 28 kms/h. Strong wind good for training. I had some dips in my strength but managed to come back to it and work again with the guys.

After a quick stop in Kinderdijk we cross the Lek river by ferry and came back on top of the north side of the dike. The expected tailwind became a cross wind in some points.  We started well with a speed of 35 to 38 km/h going down to 30 on the cross wind. We were pushing quite constant and it was nice to be riding with a good speed and again alternating in front of the group of 3. But halfway thru, the rain that was taunting us during the whole day started falling heavily.

The water was very cold and I started feeling very cold. My legs started feeling tight and I couldn't even keep up with the guys. My max speed was 30 kms/h and there was nothing I could do. The guys were nice and slowed down for me. The last 10 kms to get home was really a struggle and I started getting leg muscle spasms. All due to the cold. Well, another training done. Good parts and others not so good., But a strong training nevertheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment