SECOND TEAM RIDE

image
109 kms | 4 h 18 m | avg speed 25 km/h | avg hr 144 | 2.670 kcal

After two weeks out of training due to a strong flu, today was time to go back to the road. It was the second team ride from the Nike and a big team was expected for a 100 km training ride. I decided to go from home and complete a 145 kms total ride. Unfortunately it didn’t go to plan…
Depois de duas semanas sem nenhum treino por causa de uma gripe forte, hoje foi dia de voltar prá estrada. E foi dia da segunda volta da Nike e eu esperava um time bem grande para uma volta de 100 kms. Eu decidi ir desde casa e completar uma volta de 145 kms. Mas infelizmente as coisas não seguiram assim…

I’m still coughing and feeling the end results of the flu, but I don’t feel anything in my chest and I haven’t been running any fever for more than 5 days. So, clear to be back to the bike. I went to Hilversum and we start riding in a light rain.  It was a big team with around 50 people from all levels.

And immediately the theme of the day started: flats. One after the other we got flats and just the stopping and starting was very annoying. We went at a easy pace of 27 km/h and at one of the flats, we decided to split the group in two to try to decrease the chances of even more flats of to have the whole team waiting. I decided to stay with the slower group as I’m not feeling 100% yet and I wasn’t sure sticking with the fast group was possible.

That was a good thing as we could keep constant speed. Right after that we had a little stop and I got a flat tire. And to make things worse, the valve was stuck. I had to improvise and use the chain tool I was carry with me to get the valve free. Sorted the tire and we got moving and around 500 meters later I realized I have left the chain tool on the ground. I decided to turn back and I thought I could speed up and pick up the team around the climb of Amerongseberg.

I pushed 35 km/h all the way to the climb but couldn’t find the team. Went more or less on the route I expected the team to go but I didn’t find anybody. As I wasn’t feeling well I decided not to look for the team anymore and I went straight home. But got a full headwin all the way back it the speed went down to 24 / 25 km/h. It was a hard 60 kilometers. But happy I’m back on training!

image

No comments:

Post a Comment