Featured Post

Live tracking: see how I am doing it!

1,330 kms | 36 K vertical meters Tomorrow, August 10, start my sport challenge of the year. You can read all the details about it here .  Fo...

Last ride of the week

 


Today was the last ride of the week before I go on rest & recovery and vacation mode for a couple of days. I wanted to do something quick and intense. I had the option to go to the south of Alicante but that would make me go thru the city, facing traffic. So, the actual only option was to keep doing part of the same route, going North. Big part of the ride was the same from the other days, always a nice climb to Busot and then climb to the Mirador del Cabeço D’Or, where the Canelobre cave is. This is a small climb, around 3 kms. But it is constant around 9% with some parts of 11 and 12% inclination. Tough but not too crazy. I’m happy to have done early, with very fresh cold air still around. And managed to keep the heart rate no higher then 152 bpm. I guess all the interval sessions are paying off now.

For the next days I will rest as I don’t have a bike and keeping on renting would be too expensive. I was counting on using my brother in law bike but it was broken and it will take some more time to fix. So, I will rest for the weekend and start again on Tuesday for the 3 last days of riding before going back to Holland.

By the way, if you are in Alicante and need a bike I do recommend to go to Iron Bikes. They are super nice and helpful people and have nice bikes to rent at good price, 100 euros for 3 days.  The one I got was a Cube Attain Race full Ultegra and rim brakes and I could borrow pedals, bike pump and spare tubes for free (or included in the price if you prefer to think like that).  







No comments:

Post a Comment