WINTER TRAINING MODE ON AND FITNESS TEST


This week the real winter started: snow and real cold (-16C). Since last Sunday the temperature are below zero and it means that real winter training started. I don't feel like forcing the training in the cold. Did once at -6 C and never anymore. The trainer in the leaving room and logging lots of hours in the gym. Also, I've dont the first fitness test of this year. But more on that after the jump.

Essa semana o inverno realmente começou: neve e frio de verdade (-16 graus). Desde o último domingo as temperaturas realmente caíram e o treino de inverno começou. Eu não me sinto motivado para enfrentar o frio. Fiz uma vez em -6 graus e nunca mais. O trainer está na sala e marcando horas no ginásio. Essa semana também fiz o primeiro fitness teste do ano. Mais depois do link.






Sunday I've did my first hour and 40 minutes in the trainer. I was still planning to go out but when Nadal won the fourth set against Djokovic in the Australian Open final, I've decided to stay indoors. Assembled the trainer and the bike and watched the last set and tie brake while training. Exciting game made the training more bearable. I find the trainer a very boring training. Specially for training in zone 1: heart rate not above 130 bpm.


Monday I decided to rest as I was feeling a bit feverish at the end of the day. Maybe it is the body adjusting because of the cold. Tuesday was light interval as I knew that I have to save the legs for the fitness test of Thursday evening. Wednesday was boxing, but that is just fun. Nothing to do with cycling. So, got to the testing day and was very curious to get to it. I wanted to complete it with 300 watts and as I'm 74 kgs it would give me a result of 4.06 watts per kg. But that wasn't to be.


THE TEST - The idea of the lactate threshold test is to find exactly that: what is your threshold. When does your body start producing more acid lactic in the muscles that it is able to eliminate. And why that is important? Because after this threshold you won't be able to keep up for too long. Usually not more then 6 to 10 minutes. What is not suficcient for any competition, especially if there are mountains in the middle of the way.
 
I've started spinning at 120 watts and the heart rate was around 140. Every 3 minutes they increase the resistance (and therefore the amount of watts you are generating). When I hit the 240 watts I felt that it was harder then I expected. I wasn't really breathing too hard but felt the legs burning and felt hungry. Never a good sign.
 
When I turned to 270 watts, the trouble really kicked me in the face. The heart just jump from 170 somethign to 180bpm. Legs burning, not enough oxigen getting in and a real struggle. I completed the 3 minutes in my last reserves and that was it. 270 watts, what gives me 3.64 watts per kg and a threshold of 174 bpm. It is not bad, but not what I wanted.
The coach there thought that the bike I was doing the test was too short for me and made me loose power. If so, I should be able to get my target. Let's see in June test. Friday was gym day and today another 1h40 minutes in the trainer while watching Led Zeppelin...
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



Domingo eu fiz minha primeira hora e 40 minutos no trainer. Eu ainda estava pensando em dar uma volta fora, mas quando Nadal ganhou o quarto set na final do Australian Open, eu decidi montar a bicicleta no trainer e assitir o último set enquanto treinava. Um jogo excitante fez com que o treino fosse menos chato. Eu acho o trainer muito chato. Especialmente quando se tem que treinar em zona 1: ritmo cardíaco não além dos 130 bpm.



Segunda eu decidi descansar porque estava sentindo um pouco de febre no final do dia. Talvez o corpo ajustando para o frio. Terça foi dia de treino de intervalo leve já que eu tinha que guardar as pernas para o fitness teste da quinta-feira. Quarta-feira foi dia de Boxe, mas isso é só divertido. Nada a ver com o ciclismo. Agora, fui ao dia do teste bem curioso para ver como eu estava. Eu queria completar ele com 300 watts e com os meus 74 kgs eu ficaria com um resultado de 4.06 watts por kg. Mas não foi assim.


O TESTE - A idéia de fazer um teste de limite de ácido lático é exatamente isso: descobrir qual o seu limite. Quando o seu corpo começa a produzir mais ácido lático do que é capaz de eliminar. E porque isso é importante? Porque depois desse ponto você não consegue manter o esforço por mais do que alguns minutos. Geralmente entre 6 e 10 minutos. O que não é suficiente para nenhuma competição, principalmente se houver montanhas no meio do caminho...


Eu comecei o teste em 120 watts de resistência e acho que o coração estava por volta dos 140bpm. A cada 3 minutos a resistência é aumentada (e consequentemente os watts gerados). Quando eu alcancei os 240 watts comecei a sentir que a coisa não ia bem. Estava muito mais difícil do que eu esperava. Eu não estava respirando muito pesado mas as legas estavam queimando e eu estava com fome. Nunca um bom sinal.

Quando comecei os 3 minutos de 270 watts levei um soco no estômago. O coração pulou para os 180 bpm. As pernas queimando e não entrava oxigênio suficiente. Eu completei os 3 minutos nas últimas reservas e esse foi o resultado. 270 watts, o que me dá 3.64 watts por quilo e um limite de 174 bpm. Não é mal, mas não é o que eu queria. O treinador acha que um motivo pode ser a bicicleta que eu estava usando era muito pequena para mim e me fez perder força. Se eu estivesse com minha bicicleta regular, eu teria alcançado o meu objetivo, provavelmente. Isso a gente vai ver no teste de Junho.


Sexta-feira foi dia de ginásio e hoje outro dia de treino enquanto assitia Led Zepellin no DVD...

No comments:

Post a Comment