BRING THAT SHIT IN

image

With eight weeks for the L’Etape event on July 20th, now it is time for the training to go a level higher. The events will be almost every weekend and I will start tracking results, riding with less stops and more performance mindset. And the interval sessions are going to get tougher. Just like the one I did yesterday: 2 intervals of 20 minutes with the heart rate just above lactate threshold.

The first 10 minutes of each session is the hardest. I’m trying to keep the cadence around 75/80 rpm. The second 10 minutes is easier as the body and heart set on the rhythm. The intervals will be 2 x 20 minutes for the next 3 weeks and will increase to one of 30 minutes for another 2 weeks. After that I have 2 weeks of 1 big interval of 40 minutes. That should train me to cycle hard while going uphill.

The race events will start with Limburgs Mooiste on June 14, followed by Jan Janssen Classic on June 21st and the team ride on Sunday 22nd. I’m still thinking if I would do both. Also, I ‘m also looking for races on June 29th and July 6th.

No comments:

Post a Comment