TRAINING IN GERMANY

image

Today was the last team ride of the year. 122 kms rode in the beautiful region of Eiffel, in Germany. A very fast and pushy ride with 9 long climbs done at max effort out and fantastic descends. 

Take a look after the link.
  Hoje foi o último treino do time da Nike desse ano. 122 kms na região de Eiffel, na Alemanha. Um treino rápido e puxado com 9 ladeiras longas que subimos com o máximo esforço e descidas fantásticas.

Dá uma olhada depois do link.

The ride started with a group of 25 riders and we went thru the first climb as a whole group. At the end of the first climb, with a distance of 7 kms and average gradient of 5%, the group was splited in two: a faster and a slower. Before that point, during the car ride to the location, I was thinking in which group I should stay. Everything would depend how I was feeling on the climb.

And as it went quite well and I stayed with the front group maintaining a heart rate of around 160 bpm I decided to stay with the fast group. It was a good decision as I managed to stay with the group and push hard for most of the time. From that point we went thru every climb at total effort. I pushed my heart rate to around 175 and 180 bpm and managed to keep a speed around 15 and 17 km/h. Most of the climbs were between 4 and 7 kilometers, with a gradient of 6 to 8%. This was the first I managed to go with the fast group and was very happy about it.

On the longest climb of the day we did two rounds. The first one as a group and the second everybody at their maximum. I started the second round saving and keeping the heart rate just below the lactate threshold. After feeling really warmed up, I pushed the heart rate to around 178, 4 beats above the threshold. I wanted to treat as a interval.

By doing that, I managed to catch up with Stef and Dolon, that were 200 meters ahead of me. I managed to keep the pace for another 3 kilometers but relaxed a bit. And by doing that I couldn’t bring the heart rate to the same level again and got dropped. But all in all an excellent effort and a perfect training.

The other fun part of the day were de descends. They were long with gentle turns and fast. I had to break hard at some points because the team was not going quick enough, and decided to go to the front after some time. And that paid off: I manage to hit a max speed of 79 km/h and that was great.

The rest of the week is going to be difficult to train. But at least at some point I will complete another interval session. This time of 30 minutes.

image


image

image
SPEED OVER TIME

image

No comments:

Post a Comment