WEEK 3 / FIRST DAY OF THE YEAR

 

13 degrees and sunny on January 1st! Global warming anybody?

Today I finishes the 3rd week of training. Coming back to routine of interval training twice per week and an longer endurance ride on the weekend. The first part of the week after coming back from Spain on Tuesday was to log a interval training in the spinning bike on Wednesday and on Friday. Both were 5 repetitions of 3 minutes interval, with some 20 seconds all out sprints in the beginning. Sadly without the heart rate monitor. This is to build up strength and muscular endurance. 

The second part of the training is to build up endurance with longer and longer rides.  Today it was a fantasy weather for a chilled ride to burn calories. 13 degrees of sunny and very mild wind conditions. Did an easy ride from Diemen to Almere Haven in the Markermeer. Totally on feeling as I didn’t have my bike computer with me. I only pushed twice when I was climbing a long bridge. I could feel the heavy legs from the interval training and my back was hurting from the many days sitting and eating. But it was a good start of 2022.

The second week didn’t  count as it was a Christmas break week and I did very little other than rest and eat a ton of good food and calories. One core fitness session and a couple of easy skateboard rides was all I could manage. 

Christmas break in Alicante was great to rest and catch up with my adventure companion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment