CONTROL RIDE

This Sunday I've done my control ride from home to Gorinchem and back. In total 72 kms. I call it a control ride because it is a ride I repeat at the beginning of the cycling season and at the end and compare it to see how training is progressing. I can also compare how my fitness is compared with same time last year and see how far behind I really am.

Neste domingo eu fiz a minha volta de controle indo de casa para Gorinchem. Um total de 72 kms. Eu chamo essa volta de controle porque faço ela no começo dos treinos e no final para ver como o treino está progredindo. Eu posso comparar minha forma entre o mesmo período do ano passado e ver o quanto eu estou correndo atrás e o quanto fora de forma estou.


On the left this Sunday ride. On the ride the same ride in April last year.

The idea of this type of training is to keep an eye on the effort you are putting on and keep the heart as much around 150 bpm as possible, that is end of zone 2 for me. Then compare how long did it take to cover the same distance. That will be an indication of how fit you are and how much economic you are riding. 

I've compared the Sunday ride with one done in March last year and the result is interesting. In the first ride last year I've completed the distance in 2 hours and 45 minutes. This is 12 minutes quicker than this Sunday result of 2 hours and 57 minutes. So, due to the training I've missed, we are in the middle of April and I'm below the fitness I was in March last year. 

What you can also check is still how much the heart rate is going above this limit of 150. If even keeping a constant eye on the effort, the heart will react and go up or down depending on your level of fitness. As much in shape you are your heart will keep a steady pace even and not go higher due too much due to change in wind, elevation, etc. The picture above show that my heart rate jumped to zone 3 much more then previous year and that means my body is doing more work then usual.

Putting it all together I'm doing more effort and loosing time = not good. I will repeat this ride monthly to keep an eye on the results to see how much I'm improving.
A idéia desse tipo de treino é manter um olho no esforço que se está fazendo e manter o ritmo cardíaco ao redor dos 150 bpm, o que é fim da zona 2 para mim. E depois comparar quanto tempo levou para percorrer a mesma distância. É uma indicação de como em forma eu estou e como econômico eu estou pedalando.

Eu comparei o meu treino no domingo com o mesmo treino em março do ano passado. Eu completei a volta no ano passado em 2 horas e 45 minutos. 12 minutos mais rápido que o resultado do domingo com 2 horas e 57 minutos. Por causa do treino que eu perdi agora em Abril eu estou menos em forma que estava ano passado em Março.

O que também dá para checar é o quanto meu coração está indo acima do limite dos 150 bpm. Mesmo mantendo o nível de esforço sob controle, o coração vai reagir e subir inesperadamente se o ciclista não está em forma. Quanto mais em forma, mais estável fica o coração mesmo com mudança de vento e em subidas. A foto acima mostra que o meu coração foi acima dos 150 bpm muito mais do que no ano passado. Isso significa que eu estou fazendo muito mais esforço e o coração está "disparando" mais fácil.

Colocando esses resultados juntos dá para ver que eu estou perdendo tempo e fazendo mais esforço = nada bom. Vou repetir essa volta mensalmente para ver como a coisa está progredindo.

No comments:

Post a Comment