WHAT'S UP


Well, very little has been happening since the Etape ride in July. I've being back and forth from work trying to keep my motivation high enough to do some interval training, went to Brazil for vacation where I did two nice bike rides and finalized the fundraising for the ALS foundation. 

I'm really proud of the all the people that donated! THANK YOU ALL! I'm happy to tell you that the ALS / Etape team from Nike raised more than 50 K euros.

With the announcement for Etape next year one or two weeks from now, the training will re-start shortly. But before, see below the link more details how the last 2 months went.

Bem, pouco tem acontecido desde a Etape em Julho. O treino se manteve em ir e voltar do trabalho e tentar manter minha motivação boa suficiente para fazer treinamento de intervalo. Fui ao Brasil de férias onde dei duas voltas e fechei a arrecadação para a Fundação do ALS.

Eu estou orgulhoso de todo os amigos e colegas que doaram! Um grande OBRIGADO A TODOS!! O time da Nike conseguiu arrecadar mais de 50 mil euros!

Com o anúncio da Etape do próximo ano saindo em duas ou três semanas, o treino vai recomeçar breve. Mas antes, dê uma olhada nos detalhes do que aconteceu nos últimos dois meses.

ONE OF THE ANALYSIS GRAPHS FROM GOLDEN CHETAAH.
STRESS COMPARISON DURING THE YEAR.


Well, right before the Etape I got a new gadget. I bought myself a nice Garmin bike computer, the Edge 800. I've used for the first time just before going to France and I really like it. It gives everything you expect: speed, cadence, heart rate, gradient, gps readings while riding and maps after. I has a lot of features but what I like the most is that you can get the data out of if and import into Golden Chetaah, what I couldn't do before with my Sigma Rox.

Golden Chetaah is a nice softwear to make analysis of how you are riding and give interesting insights into your fitness levels. It is not perfect but it showed me immediately that I wasn't pushing as hard as I could. I truly recommend it and it is free. It works better if you have a power meter but using heart rate it is also good. Especially compared with all other softwear that I've tried.


Bem, uma semana antes da Etape eu comprei o meu novo gadget: o Garmin Edge 800 bike computer. Eu usei pelas primeiras vezes um pouco antes de ir prá França e lá e estou gostando muito. Ele tem tudo o que eu esperava: velocidade, cadencia, ritmo cardíaco, inclinação, gps no momento e mapas depois. Ela tem bastante customizações mas o que eu gosto mesmo é poder fazer o download para o Golden Chetaah, o que eu não fazia com o Sigma Rox.

O Golden Chetaah é um programa de análise de como vai o seu condicionamento físico e dá várias informações. Não é perfeito ainda mas me mostrou imediatamente o que eu posso pegar mais pesado do que venho fazendo. Eu realmente recomendo e é de graça. Ele funciona ainda melhor se você tem medidor de potência mas com ritmo cardíaco é melhor do que outros que eu testei.

During my 2 weeks vacation in Brazil, I did two bike rides using my old steel Monarq 10 gears. The bike is around 20 years old, heavy as a tank and not easy to stear. But it was fun to ride easy and just enjoy the place with an old friend. I've done it mostly in zone 2 but pushed it all out in two climbs, one of which goes up to 14% for a good part. 

It was 3 years since I did those climbs. It was a good feeling to tackle them full speed and manage to complete them without de-creasing the effort, what I was never able before. Good sign of fitness gains year over year.

Now we need to wait for the announcement of the Etape next year. The rumors are all out and some people have been talking of Tourmalet again going across Aubisque, Solour and other 2 mountains and around 190 kms. A true Etape!
Durante as férias no Brasil eu fiz duas voltas de bicicleta usando minha velha Monarq 10 marchas. A bicicleta deve ter uns 20 anos, é pesada e nada fácil de manobrar. Mas foi legal dar umas voltas com ela e aproveitar a região com bom tempo e um amigo antigo. Eu fiz a volta na zona 2 mas puxei prá zona 5 em duas subidas pesadas de 14%.

A última vez que eu estive alí foi três anos atrás e foi bom ter enfrentado as ladeiras em velocidade total e consegui terminá-las sem reduzir o esforço. O que eu nunca tinha conseguido. Um bom sinal de ganhos de condicionamento ano após ano.

Agora é esperar pelo anúncio da Etape do ano que vem. Há rumores de que vai se voltar aos Pirineus. Ao Tourmalet, Aubisque, Solour e outras 2 montanhas, num total de 190 kms. Uma verdadeira Etape!

No comments:

Post a Comment