LOST

1-IMG_0316
93.7 km | 3 h 56 m | 23.7 avg speed | 2.618 kcal | 159 avg bpm

Sometimes getting lost is a good thing. You find places that you were before  and don’t know how did you get there or you never been. Also, it makes you push your limits because you add kilometers that you didn’t planned.

Today I got lost and the three things happened: found a road I’ve been in June, rode on a small dirt path in between water and added 20 unexpected kilometers to my planneed 70 kms ride…

Take a look after the link how it went.
  Algumas vezes se perder é uma boa coisa. Você encontra lugares que esteve antes e não sabe como voltar lá ou novos lugares legais. Também faz com que você puxe os seus limites já que adiciona quilômetros  que não estavam planejados.

Hoje eu me perdi e as três coisas aconteceram: encontrei uma estrada que eu só estive em junho por acaso, rodei numa estrada de terra e adicionei 20 kms aos meus 70 kms planejado…

Dá uma olhada depois do link.

 

image

I left home at 9:00 to a cold 3 degrees celsius sunny day and went in  the direction of Amsterdam. Again I decided to do a tempo riding and kept 85 rpm and heart rate between 155 and 165 bpm. I got mostly tail and cross wind on the way to Ouderkerk an de Amstel. I went thru some very nice places and along very scenery canals.

My plan was to get to Uithoorn and turn in the direction of the A2 (orange line on the map) coming back alongside the highway. The idea was to get shelter from the wind on a cycle path that follows the A2 as the wind would be mostly against me on the way back. That would make the planned distance of 70 kms. But I couldn’t find the connection and had to come back part of my way.

Trying to find a shortcut back home I found a very nice road on the Woerdense Verlaat that I’ve ridden in June last year with a colleague. It is a curvy road alongside Kromme Mijndrecht river and it is quite nice to power thru the turns. Another nice part of the ride was crossing a dirt road with water on both sides. Nobody was there and it was quite nice to be in the middle of nature and push as hard as I could.

The challenge of the day was the wind. All the way back I got headwind and it was quite strong as I was in the open fields. Most of the time I was pushing a heart rate of 170 just to keep a 23 to 24 km/h speed. Hard work but very rewarding. The back pain was under control and that is a good sign. Still painful but getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment