GOOD NEWS

IN THE HORIZON A HINT OF WHAT MIGHT BE COMING

On the 28th it made one month since my "accident" with my lower back. One full month in the couch  with very little moving around and even less sitting down. Lots of painkillers, anti-inflammatory pills and muscle relaxing drugs. And if you are active like me and is forced by pain to stay quiet, this type of thing affects your mindset. I was getting really grim but got very good news from the physio yesterday!

See after the link what are the news and what is going to happen next.
No último dia 28 fez um mês do meu "acidente" com a região lombar. Um mês inteiro deitado no sofá com muito pouco movimento e ainda menos sentando. Um carregamento de analgésicos, anti-inflamatórios e relaxantes musculares. E se você é ativo como eu, pode imaginar o quanto isso afetou psicologicamente. Eu estava começando a ficar deprimido mas afinal recebi boas notícias ontem!

Vê depois do link o que eu chamo de boas notícias e o que eu vou fazer agora.


NEXT TEAM RIDE IS IN LIMBURG! WHAT A WAY TO COME BACK!

GOOD NEWS - This Friday, 29th, I've done the first session with my physiotherapist. He looked at the result of the exams they've done in the hospital and started really slow with checking where I was. Because the pain was very strong for 3 weeks, I was still very afraid of doing much movements. Fear of relapsing or of pain had become a limiting factor and the less you move the longer recovery will take.

The session started with he asking me to move and assess pain, while feeling the muscles and ligaments in the back. And the surprise was that there was no pain. At all. He confirmed that the muscles were still tight and a couple of ligaments still locked. The did quite an session to release the ligaments and I was really surprised that I barely felt pain. We also looked into the exercises I've doing in the gym and they are all correct and were not the reason for the back issue.

The good news is that the expectation of 12 weeks to recover from the people in the hospital is not realistic. Everything going well I should be fully recovered in 3 to 4 weeks! The fact that I'm a cyclist makes the muscle in the back quite strong and this speed up recovery (mine ligaments are not strong and that was a problem).

The other good news is that I don't need to wait 5 weeks to start training, but can start right now. I need to start slow and build up and should listen to what my body is saying. And I will also be able to join the team rides, which are the best rides of the year, outside the races. During this period I should in walking or the bike, both good exercises for the back. If I do the bike, I need to do more times during the week instead of longer or faster rides.

L'ETAPE DU TOUR AND OTHERS THINGS - With that forecast to be fully recovered, I can confirm my participation in the L'Etape this year. Very good news! I won't be as fast as last years because in fact I've lost 2 months of hard training. But I will be able to complete. I have another big event to participate and a fundraising event to start and they were all pending this results. But I will write about it tomorrow.

So, Monday first bike ride and next Friday another session with the physio. Now we will start to have something to write about here! Let's just hope that finally the snow and cold go away and spring really start.


GOOD NEWS - Nexta sexta-feira, dia 29, eu fiz a primeira seção de fisioterapia. O fisio olhou o exames que eu fiz no hospital e começou com muito cuidado para ver como minhas costas estavam. Por causa da dor ter sido tão forte e durado 3 semanas, eu ainda estava com medo de me mover muito. E o medo de uma recaída tinha virado na verdade um fator limitante para a recuperaçào.

A seção começou com o fisio me pedindo para mover e dizer o quanto doía enquanto ele sentia o movimento dos músculos e tendões na região lombar. A surpresa foi que não havia dor. Nenhuma. Ele confirmou que os músculos ainda estavam tensos e vários tendões estavam "travados". Ele fez uma boa seção para livrá-los e eu fiquei bem surpreso que quase não senti dor. Também olhamos para os exercícios que eu vinha fazendo e concluímos que eles não foram a causa do problema.

A boa notícia é que a expectativa feita pelo pessoal do hospital de 12 semanas para me recuperar não parece correta. A minha recuperação vai bem e eu devo  estar totalmente pronto entre 3 e 4 semanas. O fato de ser ciclista ajuda já que os músculos das minhas costas são bem fortes (os meus tendões é que são fracos e isso foi o problema todo).

A outra boa notícia é que eu não vou precisar esperar 5 semanas para começar a treinar. Eu posso começar agora mesmo. Eu tenho que começar devagar e com cuidado, "escutando" o que meu corpo me diz. E também vou poder participar nos próximos treinos com o time do trabalho. E o melhor é que a bicicleta é um bom exercício para as costas. Eu devo treinar com mais frequencia do que treinar por velocidade ou longas distâncias.

L'ETAPE DU TOUR E OUTRAS COISAS - Com essa expectativa de estar totalmente recuperado em 4 semanas, eu vou poder participar do Etape este ano. Muito boas notícias! Eu não vou ter a mesma velocidade dos últimos dois anos porque em realidade perdi dois meses de treino intensivo. mas eu serei capaz de completar as provas. Eu também vou participar de outro grande evento e de uma arrecadação de dinheiro por uma boa causa. Mas sobre isso eu vou escrever amanhã.

Bem, Segunda-feira vou dar a primeira volta e na sexta tenho outra visita ao fisioterapeuta. Agora eu vou ter assunto para escrever aqui. É só rezar para a neve e o frio irem embora e a primavera realmente começar...



No comments:

Post a Comment