NEW INJURY IMPACTS TRAINING PLAN



After the issue with my knee and when I was about to start training really hard, disaster stroke. I was preparing my breakfast when did a normal movement and got a incredible pain in my lower back. It was like a shock across my whole body. After a minute to recover, the pain went away and I decided to go to work. Walk to the bus station and got into the bus without any noticeable issue. But in the there, the pain started to increase.

When I left the bus and started walking in the Utrecht train station, the pain became overwhelming. It was spreading to my whole body and I lost any strength in my legs. I got stuck standing in the middle of the busiest train station in the Netherlands. Had to ask help from the train station staff and they brought me in a  to parking wheelchair where my wife was waiting.

I have never felt a pain like that. And I've got my fair share of pains. This time tough was so strong it stopped me moving. I couldn't even talk properly and breath. Went home and the doctor came later to tell me good and bad news. Good news is that isn't a hernia. Bad news, I've partially rapture the muscle called Thoracolumbar Fascia, that you can see in the ilustration. That white diamond shape muscle in the base of the back. It connects the spine with the hips. And ripping some of the fibers of this muscle is extremely painful.

Result of this: one week not working and basically laying down and moving very slow inside the house. Only after that I will start going to work and exercise only in 2 weeks with very low resistance on the spinning bike. This is a big setback in my training plans and it is really annoying me. Something out of the blue and not caused by me doing something strange. Just a normal movement... Let's see how am I going to be for March 24 second team ride...


Depois do problema com o meu joelho e quando eu já estava ficando animado para começar a treinar pesado, um desastre aconteceu. Eu estava preparando meu café da manhã e fiz um movemento normal quando senti uma dor nas costas. Era um dor como se fosse um choque eletrônico atravessando meu corpo inteiro. Depois de um pedaço, a dor desapareceu e eu decidi ir para o trabalho e peguei o ônibus sem problema.

Quando o ônibus começou a se mexer a dor re-apareceu e começou a crescer. Na estação de trem de Utrecht a coisa piorou de vez. A dor ficou tão intensa que atravessava eu corpo inteiro e eu fiquei completamente sem forças. Eu fiquei sem condições de andar mais nem um passo no meio da estação de trem mais movimentada da Holanda. Tive que pedir socorro a uma pessoa que trabalhava na estação e ele me levou de cadeira de rodas até onde minha esposa esperava com o carro.

Eu nunca senti uma dor tão intensa. E olhe que tive minhas experiências com dor. Mas dessa vez a dor foi tão forte que me fez parar de andar. Eu não conseguia nem falar ou respirar direito. Quando o doutor veio me ver em casa ele me deu duas notícias. A boa é que não é uma hernia. A má é que eu rompi parte do músculo que junta a coluna ao quadril, chamado Thoracolumgar Fascia. Da prá ver na foto. E isso é extremamente doloroso.

O resultado disso tudo que eu estou no estaleiro. Não posso ir trabalhar por uma semana e exercísio só daque a duas ou três semanas. E muito level, sem resistência nenhuma numa bicicleta ergométrica. Isso vai ter um impacto gigante no meu plano de treinamento. Estou muito chateado. Agora vamos ver como é que isso vai afetar o próximo treino no dia 24 de março...

No comments:

Post a Comment