New Training Plan = POWER

After talking to some people and reading (thanks Joel Friel book and blog…) I’ve decided to change my training.

It was still too focused on endurance and long rides training as well as speed training. Because the learning from last year is that my weakness is keep power at long climbs, I changed to power training all the way down to end of May.

So, to start the new training I did yesterday one hour of spinning on lactate threshold by 50 min with 1 break of 2 min rest and finishing with 4 sprints (flat out power) for 30 seconds with 1.5 minutes rests. I will keep that up for 3 times a week and 3 hours ride on Sundays. That should give me better results to climb the Steven Rooks and Limburgse Mooiste hills. The real test before the etape…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment